TIME AND BILLING CLERK
Woods, Fuller, Shultz & Smith law firm is seeking a detail-oriented person for a full-time time and billing clerk position. Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, the time and billing clerk is responsible for opening files and establishing accounts for clients and maintaining all client and matter accounts. Produces review statements and final billing statements. Produces management reports. Maintains all other aspects of time and billing system. Observes confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Establishes new accounts by entering data into firm accounting system for purposes of time entry and billing. Routes new account information to the file clerk.
- Maintains firm’s computerized accounting system for all time and billing functions and works with software programs required by clients for billing purposes.
- Maintains and monitors various data in the computer system relating to time and billing matters including rates, timekeepers, client information, and maintains all accounts once entered into the system.
- Prepares and distributes billing instruction worksheets as requested and on a monthly basis according to the firm billing policy and procedure. Edits account time entries and information as necessary.
- Produces final invoices as requested and on a monthly basis according to the firm billing policy and procedure.
- Assists clients and firm members with billing questions by telephone or in person.
- Produces various monthly, quarterly and annual management reports for COO.
- Closes accounts as when appropriate.
- Assists bookkeeper in various duties including, but not limited to, daily posting of receipts, preparation of deposits and preparing vouchers for expense advancements.
- Maintains general client files as they relate to billing and accounting matters.
- May be called upon to assist in such other related activities and special projects as may be required or assigned.
- Additional information is available in our online application.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Woods Fuller!